questions & answers
Question: If my child has not even met his birth father and the birth father has not contacted me since he was born, can my fiance adopt my son? He has been with me since I was 2 months pregnany and m so is & months old.
Answer: There are certain criteria that needs to be met according to the Arizona Revised Statutes. ARS 8-106:
Consent to adoption; waiver; consent to the release of information; notification to potential fathers
A. The court shall not grant an adoption of a child unless consent to adopt has been obtained and filed with the court from the following:
2. The child's father if any of the following is true:
(b) The father has adopted the child.
(c) The father's paternity is established under title 25, chapter 6, article 1 or section 36-334.
2. A parent whose parental rights have been terminated by court order.
3. A parent who has previously consented to an agency's or the division's placement of the child for adoption.
4. A person whose consent is not required under subsection A of this section.
If my child has not even met his birth father and the birth father has not contacted me since he was born, can my fiance adopt my son? He has been with me since I was 2 months pregnany and m so is & months old.
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program