Please note the Call Center will be closed 12/24 until 1/02 – Please use the online intake link below
Free & Reduced Fees Legal Aid Resources
Click Here to apply online
, or call 866-637-5341
Other Resources
Find a Lawyer
State Bar of Arizona

Maricopa County Bar referral number

Pima County Bar referral number

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Bankruptcy Hotline
No Links

Find Free Legal Help

Please select your county of residence below.


Family Law

Articles and Info

Family Law on the Navajo Nation: How is Property Divided in a Divorce?

 More »

by: DNA- People's Legal Services - Window Rock

Divorce on the Navajo Nation - Grounds and Requirements

 More »

by: DNA- People's Legal Services - Window Rock


Question: If your under 18 and have a child are you considered an adult?
See Answer »

Question: i have a friend who had a baby with a girl who he was dating and she left the baby with him, saying he can keep her that she wants to walk away from everything. What does he need to do to keep his daughter. And if she was to call the cops on him would he need to return the baby to his ex?
See Answer »

Question: My husband and I have been married for 19 years. Common Law for 4 years and 14 years Legally Married (State of NM). We have been separated for 3 months, if I decided to divorce my husband my reason is "Adultery". We have a State Marriage Licence and we married in Navajo Nation Court. Do I file with the State of New Mexico or Navajo Nation. We have 2 children therefore child support will be filed. And can I charge my husband and his companion with "Adultery"?
See Answer »

Question: If I feel that the judge that has my case is unfair and being partial to mky ex. can I request a new judge?
See Answer »

Question: How do I find out about my ancisters, I have found informantion that leads me to believe that my Grandmother was Navajo??
See Answer »

Question: where do i get the divorce papers? once i have filed for divorce how long does the process take?
See Answer »