Landlord and Tenant - Mobile Home Parks

questions & answers

Question: The lot where I rent a space for my mobile was sold and the new owner wants us out. What are our rights?


Generally, when a new buyer takes over as a residential landlord, the existing leases remain in place. However, if the new landlord does not intend to operate the property as a mobile home park, notice must be given to each of the tenants. If there is a change in use intended, the landlord must notify all tenants in writing at least one hundred eighty days before the change in use. The landlord may not increase rent within ninety days before giving notice of a change in use.

In addition, the landlord must notify all tenants in writing about a program that provides funding for relocation of the mobile home. (A.R.S. § 33-1476.02). If a tenant is required to move due to a change in use or redevelopment of the mobile home park, the tenant has the following options:

  1. Collect payment from the mobile home relocation fund to relocate the mobile home to new location within 50 miles. Depending upon the size of the mobile home and the actual moving expenses, the fund may reimburse up to $10,000.
  2. Abandon the mobile home in the mobile home park and collect an amount equal to one-fourth of the maximum allowable moving expense for the mobile home from the mobile home relocation fund.

If the mobile home was ground set, there may be additional funds available. These options all have specific requirements that can be found in the Arizona Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord & Tenant Act, A.R.S. § 33-1476.01. For more information on the rights of residents in mobile home parks and to read a copy of the law, you can visit the Arizona Association Manufactured Home & RV Owners online.


  • The lot where I rent a space for my mobile was sold and the new owner wants us out. What are our rights?


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program