Please note the Call Center will be closed 12/24 until 1/02 – Please use the online intake link below
Free & Reduced Fees Legal Aid Resources
Click Here to apply online
, or call 866-637-5341
Other Resources
Find a Lawyer
State Bar of Arizona

Maricopa County Bar referral number

Pima County Bar referral number

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Bankruptcy Hotline
Find Free Legal Help

Please select your county of residence below.


Child Support

Questions & Answers

Question: Me and my ex were never married. and he lives in Kansas. i need to file for child support. who do i file with Kansas or Arizona.

Answer: It depends on where the child lives, where the child has lived before, what past connections Father has with either State, whether some other court has previously issued child support orders, and many, many other considerations! You should definitely consult with a family law attorney who is familiar with child support. You may also want to ask that attorney during the consultation whether it really serves your child's best interests to instigate a child support action.

November 07, 2009