Please note the Call Center will be closed 12/24 until 1/02 – Please use the online intake link below
Free & Reduced Fees Legal Aid Resources
Click Here to apply online
, or call 866-637-5341
Other Resources
Find a Lawyer
State Bar of Arizona

Maricopa County Bar referral number

Pima County Bar referral number

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Bankruptcy Hotline
Find Free Legal Help

Please select your county of residence below.


Loans (payday, predatory, student), Pawn

Questions & Answers

Question: I got a loan in my name for a vehicle and my friend was supposed to make payments on it. She hasnt made payments in 20 months. I want to go and get it because i have to pay now. How could i do that legally. because its on her property and the police said i cannot take it because we had a verbal agreement that if she paid every month she could keep it. But the title is in my name and the plates and the loan also.


If the police have informed you that you cannot take back the vehicle, you should either speak with an attorney about the situation, (perhaps s/he can help you resolve the matter without court intervention) or you can research whether you have an appropriate claim to file in small claims court or in your local justice court.

June 10, 2008