Latest News

• Contributing Attorney

Do you want to escape it all and take a long vacation but aren't sure how to do it? Read contributing attorney Ke Huang-Isherwood's article "Getting a Visa to Visit Another Country" and start your plan today — Read More

• AzCourtHelp.org

Do I need an attorney? Unsure of what kind of help you need, let AzCourtHelp guide you. You may not need an attorney after all. Learn more at — AzCourtHelp.org.

• Savvy Seniors

Are you a savvy senior? Would you like to be? Attorney Kenneth F. Hegland breaks down some of the most complicated issues that surround us and those we love as we age. — Watch videos.

QUESTIONS

• I have two boys ages 8 and 11 they are with me 50% of the time and my ex wife their mother the other 50 5 of the time. this was established in the divorce papers. Their mother has a new job theat requires her to work 12 hour night shifts. I have offered to take the boys duing these times and was denied by their mother. I have since requested the names and contact info of the individuals who will be watching them during these times and was denied this information by the mother as well. My question is- What are my rights and what can I do to insure that my boys are properly cared for?
  • Is my landlord responsible for getting rid of mice and roaches, or am I? I called and told them I had seen both, and was told to go buy traps.
  • My husband & I have legal guardianship of our two grandsons, aged 14 & 15. Our 14 year old has requested to live with his mother, who is also in Tucson. This will be ok with us, however we don't know exactly how to proceed. His father has physical custody,mom has joint custody. His dad has indicated that he does not want him. What is the legal proceedure to turn custody over to his mom?
  • Recently my ex has passed and we have a 13 year old that we shared custody of. I am not sure if I need to file with the courts or do I just take over full custody. I am her biological father and there is no one contesting me taking her.
  • what if the father is not on the birth cert. Will i still need to get his consent to change my sons last name?
  • I put down a $300 deposit for my little dog . And when my lease ended I moved out I asked for my security deposit and I was told the pet deposit was nonrefundable I cannot get it back And he took $300 out of my security deposit because I had let a dumped kitten in front of my house stay in my yard for several weeks and when I moved I took iit with me. I didn’t even waant a kitten I just didn’t want to leave it there for him to do something to it. Is .it lawful for him to do that?
  • Can a parent take aa child out state with out permission from other parent?
  • I live in a Mobile Home Park. I got a sink hole behind my house after a really bad storm. The water pools between the houses and when it drained, you can see the trail of debri that flowed to the back of my house where much of the water washed out the soil and left a big sink hole around my cement slab that my AC sits on. I only rent the lot. Does the park need to fix this problem or am I suppose to fix a new sink hole every time we get a big rain storm?
  • what is the fine or the jail time if you have convected of assult intentional,knowing-phys injery
  • A friend came to visit me in AZ and was considering moving here... he filled a full wardrobe of clothes at my place, even changed his drivers license to my address, then left a week later and never returned... the clothes have been sitting here since November 2014, he now reaches out to me 7.5mo later requesting i send them back to him in IL or he will take me to court... he was never a roomate, never on the lease... does he have any legal right to this stuff?

STORIES

LegalLEARN

FIND LEGAL HELP

• Please select your county of residence below.

County:

OTHER LEGAL RESOURCES

• State Bar of Arizona
    www.azbar.org
  • Maricopa County Bar
    www.maricopabar.org
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    www.pimacountybar.org
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
    800-799-7233