Services Offered by Arizona Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)Both parties should be aware that they can apply from services from Arizona Department of Economic Security/ Division of Child Support Services (DCSS). DCSS can assist either party to establish, modify or enforce a child support order. The services provided by DCSS are either without cost or at a nominal cost (not exceeding $25.00 per year). The use of these services does not prevent wither parent from having an attorney represent them or filling their own court actions concerning support.
The services of DCSS can include:
- Reviewing the case for possible modification;
- Calculating the proper amount of arrears;
- Locating the address and current employer of the parent obligated to pay child support;
- Obtaining or withholding benefits from employer, Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Insurance;
- Seizure (intercept) of obligor's Federal and State income tax refunds, lottery prizes or banking accounts;
- Suspension or revocation of professional or occupational licenses (such as a contractor's licenses);
- Placing a lien for unpaid child support on real property, including homes and other real estate;
- Initiating cases to the child support agencies of other states to be enforced in the court of that state;
- Referral to the U. S, Attorney General's Office for criminal prosecution; and /or
- Reporting name of the obligor to the U.S. Secretary of State for passport denial.
DES Division of Child Support Services
P.O. Box 40458
Phoenix, AZ 85067
Customer Service: 602-252-4045
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Mountain Time
Services Offered by Arizona Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)
I am trying to find out the total that I have paid on arrearages from 1996 - 2008 I don't know how to access my history.
I am a veteran I tried to attempt suicide 11 months ago and I am currently ordered to pay child support but the way life is going I think its in the best interest of the kids to not have a relationship with me because of my mental health problems and major financial issues. How to I go about giving up all parental rights and financial obligations without having to discuss my suicide attempt in court? I just want to let them live a happy life and not worry about me because I plan on moving away in the next few months.
How are adoption subsidies and monthly disability benefits treated in calculating child suppoort? My friend's wife refuses to provide him with any information as to these items and he is trying to put together his petition for dissolution. He is afraid that even if these monthly payments total more than his monthly gross income, he will be ordered to pay both spousal maintenance and child support. She also refuses to discuss joint custody.
EX WIFE HAS ONE CHILD AND i HAVE ONE CHILD DO I OWE HER HALF OF SUPPORT???
if im living with my dad and mymom re filed child support and using it as her money for her doings is illegal correct??
Who do I call if I lost my atlas number ?
I never signed the birth certificate. The courts have found the biological father but my wages are being garnished why is that?
I have been paying child support for close to ten years and not doing a very good job at it. However, I just found out, through DNA, that the child is not mine and have written proof from the lab showing this fact. What can I do to finally stop the payments legally?
Does the affidavit in a modifaction really affect the outcome of child support?
The Judge attributed $10,000.00 more to my yearly salary and $4000.00 less to my ex wife's salary. She made this decision out of court so I didnt have a chance to argue. I submitted my last 3 years W-2's as did my ex. I didnt make what the judge said I made, but she made her decision. How do I get my child report to reflect what our real salaries are and base the payments off of the correct amounts?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program