Arizona Attorney General's Office (Prescott) Profile

The Arizona Attorney General's Office in Prescott provides a variety of services to the people living in Northern Arizona including but not limited to issues of fraud, health care and abuse.

1000 Ainsworth Dr
Ste A-210
Prescott, AZ 86305-1610
Phone: (928) 778-1265


  • If stopped by law enforcement, officer asks "IS A GUN IN THE VEHICLE?" is the operator required to answer specifically yes or no? We are not residents of the state of Arizona.
  • How do I find out how much taxes are owed on a property?
  • If I never got cited or arrested for misd. theft, and now after four months the state picked it up, can the plaintiff drop charges.
  • I am 80 years old and I have to move, but the rental costs are so high (I have applied to HUD 2 yrs ago but nothing available) I can hardly buy food, and I don't get food stamps in Florida My question is If I just walk away from these debts what can the creditors do to me. I don't own anything but an old car.
  • It's been a month with out ac ... I called Thursdayady told me most likely no I e would go check out my ac because according to them 86 degrees was normal inside my house for it being to hot outside. Finally I told her I had a baby' and that him living in that temp wasn't okay The called me back and had someone come look at it until Monday said we have a leak and that he had to submit a work order before he could fix it .he wasn't suppose to come fix it yesterday we received no call and he didn't answer I call maintenance line they said the quote hadn't been looked at yet
  • We moved into a apartment in February. The ac never worked, electrical problems, landlord never fixed. Plus bug issue. We never signed a lease or contract. We just moved out beginning of May because he refused to repair items in timely manner. He also wanted late fees because I didn't deposit rent into his personal bank account. I always paid in person., But he was out of state, so I got money order and held it till he returned. He demanded late fees. Now he refused to return our deposit. He didn't do a walk through when we vacated either. What can I do. He charged us 1100 deposit.
  • After I moved from my rental property, my landlord claimed there was damage to the property that needed repair and kept half my security deposit. Now he says the repairs cost more and I have to pay him back to additional cost. Can he do that after half the deposit has already been returned?
  • My apartment , for the 5th time this year, as left a piece of paper outside my door with an open-ended notice of water being shut off for repairs. After about 5 hours, I've called for an update and they just say they don't know when it will be done. Is it within their rights to leave open-ended notices, not even in person, of utilities being cut? Do i have any rights in this matter as a paying tenant with a 5 month old who works from home?
  • Under Phoenix fire code, what is my landlord required to provide in terms of fire prevention? Is a smoke detector required in every apartment?
  • I'm paying childsupport for my 4 children in tucson,now there mother is just going to get up move on friday to lake havasu can se do that & if so how can i get join custody "kids dont want to move".


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program