Family Lawyer's Assistance Project (FLAP)- Phoenix Profile

FLAP provides assistance to individuals who are representing themselves in family court matters such as paternity, child support, divorce and custody. Second location at 222 E. Javelina, Mesa

201 W. Jefferson, 6th Fl.
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Phone: (602) 506-7948


  • I have taken early soc sec retirement. When my wife retires in three years, will she receive her own sep soc sec income based on her working years?
  • My decree states that my ex-husband has supervised visitation. The person who was supervising was my mother, who recently passed away. There is no other family member or friend that can do the supervising. We have tried to have me supervise but we end up fighting during the visit. Will the court supervise or is there a program that will supervise?
  • The new owner has raised the rent $20 per pet. I have 4 cats that I paid $125 each to the original owner but there is no re Ord if it. Now he is saying all animals, even cats, have to be leashed. Not doing so may cause termination. Is this legal?
  • can a landlord make us store his toy hauler and keep the a/c running when its stored on premises. It was presented to us as a one time thing until they leave for another state which was going to take place once we did a walk thru?
  • Can I assume custody of my two little brothers if I am in the military and if so how do I go about do it?
  • Can you rent a home without running water? Water has to be delivered into underground tank who is responsible too pay for the water? And is a month to month hand written lease legal for the deration of your stay or do you have to sign a new lease every month ?
  • The garage door in the house I'm renting has been broken since September of last year 2017 and a vast my landlord multiple times to fix it. Every time I bring it up and I am adamant about it he will call me and threaten me. When I tell him that I will fix the garage door and take it off of rent per the Arizona law of Self Help remedy he tells me that unless I live in the garage I have no case. Is this true, does he nit have to fix the garage in a reasonable time frame?
  • I live in a mobile home park with 90 spaces. We own our homes, but pay rent for the lot. The park sold recently to a property management person who lives and works in the L.A. California area. She has not hired a manager to be on the premises.If we have any problems we need to call her telephone number in California. She has a couple who live in the park that she refers maintenance problems to. They have no authority to answer any questions about anything. We have been given a list of rules and regulations, but no one is here to see that they are adhered to. Is a manager required?
  • I have joint legal decision making with my child's father. he recently request a list of everyone who lives in our household do I need to give him that information?
  • I would like to leave the state, but was recently informed that even though I have sole custody of my two children that I would hava to file paperwork with the courts because the other parent has visitation. My question is what is the correct paperwok that I need to file?


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program