Latest News

• Contributing Attorney

Do you want to escape it all and take a long vacation but aren't sure how to do it? Read contributing attorney Ke Huang-Isherwood's article "Getting a Visa to Visit Another Country" and start your plan today — Read More

• AzCourtHelp.org

Do I need an attorney? Unsure of what kind of help you need, let AzCourtHelp guide you. You may not need an attorney after all. Learn more at — AzCourtHelp.org.

• Savvy Seniors

Are you a savvy senior? Would you like to be? Attorney Kenneth F. Hegland breaks down some of the most complicated issues that surround us and those we love as we age. — Watch videos.

QUESTIONS

• If the Landlord issues a 10 day non-compliance letter, and the tenant has already sent a letter stating they are breaking the lease and leaving one month early, can the Landlord still hold tenant responsible for the last month of rent, if tenant cannot remedy the non-compliance issues in 10 days and has to move out?
  • How long does our landlord have to repair our garage door? Here's the issue. The automatic system is working, however the door itself is having problems and will not open or close, except for manually. But, the door does not have a lock and is not secured. I've put crow bars in slots on either side of the door but it still opens about three feet. The manager refuses to answer my communications about the door and it's been 24hrs and I'm fearful that someone will get into the garage. Also, it's a terrible pain to go in, pull the bars out, open and or close the door, put the bars in again. Help!
  • My husband has alheimers & dementia, and although we have lived separately I am concerned that our daughter is taking money from him without him remembering. He just had 3 stints put in his heart, and I am concerned that her financial abuse will deplete our cash reserve so that I cannot afford to take care of his needs. What can I do to get guardianship of him?
  • i'm unsure if i am able to apply for child support if my child's father moved out of the country...
  • My 22 year old daughter was arrested along with her boyfriend. They have a 2 year old child together. They were aressted for battery in the 3rd degree. My daughter spent 5 days in jail & the boyfriend spent 38 days in jail. With them being arrested, my grandchild how no where to go but with me. She is still with me & I don't know where the parents are. I have talked to my daughter a couple of times sense april. I asked her to give custody to me sense she Iis homeless & can not take care of her child. She refused. She did sign a notery so I could be able to take my grandaughter to the doctor
  • My mother passed away 5 yrs ago. Estate has never been settled in probate or anything. My sister moved her son into the home that was willed to us. He pays her the mortgage payment and she makes sure everything is paid. Home is still in deceased mothers name. We had verbal agreement that he would also pay me $200 a month and isnt paying anymore. I want to settle in court due to no executor of estate. My sister assumed executor but refuses to settle. I want her to buy me out and I will sign off on estate and she can do what she wants. What can I do???
  • What can I do about the Guardian & Conservator, my sister, of the family trust who sued me to prevent my visiting my mother? She falsely accused me of being a threat to my mother. I have spent all of my savings, sold my car, sold personal possessions like furniture, jewelry and tightened my belt as much as possible to stay afloat. Jackie (the sister, guardian & conservator already mentioned) lies to the court continuously about, for example the assets in the trust and slandering and libeling me. In effect, I am paying for her to sue me.
  • I live with my boyfriend we are not married and he has no intention of getting married. He intends on being involved in our, as he calls it “illegitimate child’s birth” and I would prefer to use my last name for our child. He disagrees and wants to use his last name. I have a child from a previous marriage and I find it difficult with us having different last names over the years with insurance and doctors appointments, just frustrating. Do I have to use our child’s father’s last name for this child?
  • My soon to be wife and I would like to create a new last name when we get married, how do I fill out the marriage license form to reflect that?
  • For the last 8 years I have been paying my landlord cash. I did fall a little behind and was making payments. I never kept track and now he says I am 6 months behind and gives a hand written payment sheet for the last 2 years. He wants about $7000.00 he never gives me receipts and wants cash. I have had to go buy all new appliances because when something breaks down he repairs them and they don't last. There is also a lot of problems (unsafe) we have told him about and he does not repair. Can he legally evict us or take us to court.

STORIES

LegalLEARN

FIND LEGAL HELP

• Please select your county of residence below.

County:

OTHER LEGAL RESOURCES

• State Bar of Arizona
    www.azbar.org
  • Maricopa County Bar
    www.maricopabar.org
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    www.pimacountybar.org
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
    800-799-7233