Volunteer Lawyers Program - Maricopa County Profile

The Volunteer Lawyers Program provides high quality civil legal services to applicants whose income is near poverty level.

305 S. 2nd Ave.
P.O. Box 21538
Phoenix, AZ 85036
Phone: (602) 258-3434
Toll Free: (800) 852-9075
Fax: (602) 253-1536
Website: http://vlpmaricopa.org/vlp/


  • definition meaning of records for destruction
  • My brother-in-law was petitioned 20 years ago to come to the US by his stepmother but he did not avail because he was angry at his father. He is now 38. Can he reopen the petition and come to the US?
  • My ex husband recently passed away and his only children were named sole beneficiaries in the divorce decree(irrevocable).The decree states that he was to maintain a policy through his employer but his widow insists he only had one policy that she purchased and maintained through AFLACK. How can my children find out if they are entitled to any monies from this or any other policy that could be hidden. His widow insists that she has nothing and that he had no will
  • how do i transfer my current family court case from maricopa county to pima county where i have lived for over 3 yrs
  • Can i fight for my childs custody and visitations rights ?
  • Can you break a lease for constant theft/damage/ stolen vehicles snd covid 19 jobless? 1 attempted theft 2 damages to a car 1 break in (2 weeks ago) 1 stolen car now We have security to. I've lived in my complex for 2 years. Lease up in August and we are thinking of moving out of state. Yesterday our only car was stolen. Covid 19 already limited work but now fiance cannot find a job as we have no vehicle. When I called about asking to terminate early due to the thefts and covid 19 they said we'd essentially be paying 4 months (60 day notice and termination fees are about 2 months rent).
  • I live in section eight house the state pays the rent every month but i only paid half of the deposit and paying monthly payments towards the remaining balance of the deposit can u get evicted from not paying deposit on time
  • I am paying child support for 3 children over 18. I was told by AZDES that it doesn't matter. I have to pay forever. I find that hard to believe. They are all in their 20s with children and married. I have only 1 at home who will 18 in 6 months. I've requested a modification and that's when I was told it doesn't matter, I will pay my ex forever.
  • i lived in yuma arizona where i had 2 children then got divorced my x moved to san diego california and the custody case was seen in yuma az for the past 4 years. I recently moved to phoenix az right next to maricopa court and want to move all further actions there. what do i need to do file with yuma or maricopa? what fees are there? Does my x have to agree? can he get it moved to cali when the children live with me in phx az?
  • I have been renting a house for the past 4 months and last night the landlord showed up and starting moving her stuff in , can she do that? How do I stop it? I called the police and they said I couldn't do anything about it.




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program