Community Legal Services - Yuma Office Profile

Community Legal Services provides high quality civil legal services to applicants whose income is near poverty level.

204 South 1st Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
Phone: (928) 782-7511
Toll Free: (800) 424-7962
Fax: (928) 782-0037


  • My ex husband filed to modify child support to lower his payment. Before he filed I told him that I wanted to file to have the children during the whole week and modify our current parenting plan. So now he filed the child support modification should I not respond and have a hearing? Or should I file my own paper work to modify the parenting plan?
  • If I feel I earned more than I was paid, is there a government organization I can call to confirm that?
  • Back in 1998 I was convicted with a felony, I thought I had this Expunged 2005, but I am finding this is still coming up. Where do I locate the records of this expunged paper work, not the original records of the criminal act?
  • when you graduate medical school, do you have to legally change your name to DR.?
  • If you are not getting cash assistance from DES but you are getting medical and food stamps; how can i go about filing child support? What papers do I need to fill out?
  • I leased a house and because of my credit was told if I wanted to rent it, I had to pay, at move in, the first months rent, deposit of one month and a full second month rent, so a total of 3 months rent. I believe that is illegal. Second issue, the house sold and the management company only transferred 1 months rent to new owners as my deposit, not 2 mo. I asked them about it and they never got back to me saying they had to locate the rent roles. I recently brought it back up with them and was told "Nothing we can do, we are done with that property:" How can I get my money back from them?
  • We the grandparents have been involved in our 3 grandgirls lives for 12 years.our daughter has legal custody the father has not been for 10 1/2 of those he has parental rights but has not used them there have been some issues with my daughter and he filed for temp custody and decision making and will be filing for full custody 1 1/2 years ago he had the girls for 1 yr and we found out the stepmother was beating them with cords and belts now that he has temp custody is that enough to go to court and us try to get custody from them both
  • If I buy everything for my daughter shoes clothing, uniforms for school hygiene, her eye glasses do I still have to pay child support
  • I owe $33.03 for the month of December. They attached to my door if I don't pay this amount. Which I will when I get my social security. They will not accept January's rent. Can they do this
  • I need to know if I could be fired over the phone?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program