Pro Bono Program - Yavapai County Profile

The Pro Bono Program provides high quality civil legal services to applicants whose income is near poverty level.

401 N. Mount Vernon
Prescott, AZ 86301
Phone: (928) 445-9240
Toll Free: (800) 233-5114
Fax: (928) 445-6312


  • My landlord mislead me about the pool having a black stain in the deepest part. The "stain" turned out to be black algae and it spread throughout the pool. I put the landlord on notice and he had the pool drained and treated two days later. However, when I asked him when the pool maintenance would resume, he went crazy and said he was going to evict me and charge me for all of his expenses in repairing the pool. He has threatened me repeatedly out of retaliation for complaining about the pool. Can I terminate the lease because of his repeated threats?
  • In October 2015 someone stole my debit card I called and told them it stolen and canceled it I received a new one and something wasn't right still. I know who stole out of my bank account I tried to make a police report but the cops wouldn't let me about a month later a sheriff came to my house and said there was least my debut card theft investigation and to com down to the cop station and talk I gave them all my info regarding my debit card he said it wasn't in his jurisdiction and a different pd would get back To me no one will help me and the Banks won't do anything either. What do I do?
  • Can I file order of protection when someone threatened to cause severe damages to my vehicle and to have someone to jump on me?
  • My ex has made it so hard to visit him. All on her terms. I live in phx and she lives in Prescott so I drive up North to see him. She won't let me take him over nights and I'm lucky if I get to see him twice a month. She recently had me served to try to sever my father rights. Next court date was suppose to be November 5. But she was involved in a crime and she is now in jail. She has violated her probation plus new five felonies. I received a letter a couple days ago saying my court date with her had been vacated. Her parents won't let me have my son. What paperwork do I need to file?
  • I was convicted of felony dui 10 years ago can I get my rights back
  • I lived in XXXXX apartments until June 2015. In June of 2015 I paid $406.17 to end my lease and my roomates and I signed a roommate release form saying that I was no longer on the lease. They moved out prematurely in August of 2015. Apparently a sum was sent to a collection agency for that apartment in 2016 and they included my name when they did that. I did not find out about this until I applied for an apartment for my daughter and I in May of 2017 and was denied because of this sum. I called the complex and was basically told that they cant help me. What can I do from here?
  • I live in senior apartments In Peoria AZ. My son who is trying to quit using drugs stayed with me for about 2 weeks waiting to go into rehab. A neighbor complained and I spoke with management and they told me that it was not a problem not to worry about it and the after his TB test was completed he needed to be out. About a week later I receive notice that due to excessive grease on my stove (of which there was VERY little of and I have photos to prove this) that if I didn't clean the grease they would terminate my residency and they refered me to AZ revised statute 33-1368 (A). After looking at this statute it has nothing to do with cleaning a grease from my oven or any other kind of upkeep on my residence but with having guests etcetera... they also said I have five days to clean it up or they will issue at termination. Is there anything I can do?
  • Have been noticing landlord by verbal and writen notice to why Tennants being over charged more then prevailing provider by 35% at 15 cents per KWH. only reason is given is previous owners had done it and they feel they are entitled by showing EPA federal tax which is charged per sub-meter yet how can this be when it's perproperty approx $7 to master meter yet they charge approximate 40 Tennants $7 each... I gave the city Mesa charge 11.7 cents residential price which they can charge yet they make ample profit from bulk rate 9.7 cents on old 1950 power grid which needs up graded. Need help
  • For the purposes of emancipation, can a minor be considered "self-sufficient" if they can rely on someone other than their parent to provide housing and financial security?
  • i am 17 years old i have an 8 month old daughter i don't have any type of income to take care of me or my child i am trying to finish school i don't stay with neither one of my parents i am with my grandfather. am i eligible for receiving both?


  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • Age discrimination in the workplace. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program