questions & answers
Question: How do I go about having my juvenile record sealed?
Answer: First you would need to file for an application for destruction of records through the Superior Court. There are certain requirements that would allow for the juvenile records to be destroyed. Go to: https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/sscDocs/packets/jvdor.pdf to view the information. If the requirements are all met, then an application for destruction of records may be filed. There are some offenses that may not qualify for destruction of records. According to A.R.S. 8-348, they are:
- sex offenses
- driving under the influence
- driving with a suspended license
- traffic violations
- offenses that involved serious physical injury, or
- offenses that involved the use or exhibition of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
The above is for informational purposes only. You may want to speak with an attorney for further explanation.
How do I go about having my juvenile record sealed?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program