Latest News

• Contributing Attorney

Do you want to escape it all and take a long vacation but aren't sure how to do it? Read contributing attorney Ke Huang-Isherwood's article "Getting a Visa to Visit Another Country" and start your plan today — Read More

• AzCourtHelp.org

Do I need an attorney? Unsure of what kind of help you need, let AzCourtHelp guide you. You may not need an attorney after all. Learn more at — AzCourtHelp.org.

• Savvy Seniors

Are you a savvy senior? Would you like to be? Attorney Kenneth F. Hegland breaks down some of the most complicated issues that surround us and those we love as we age. — Watch videos.

QUESTIONS

• My younger cousin who calls me aunt has been arrested And cps has gotten involved. Although her daughter has already been living here for 6 months they say I need guardianship of the child and need it by the next day or they will have no choice but to take guardianship of her while they say she can still live with me. My question is would it be easier to get the child's mother (and legal ) to sign over guardianship or to go through the courts which is going to cost me 350$ and will take weeks to get a court date?
  • My mother is 92 and a new neighbor has recently befriended her. My mother lives alone and about 450 miles from me and refused to move in with me.I became ill and could no longer care for my mother.Family members flew in from other states to help but I lived the closest.I just became aware that my mother has been changing her financial doucuments with the help of this new neighbor.I found her writing and printing on these documents which contain my name,address,social security number.She helped my mother take my name off.She was acting as her legal guardian.My mother cannot hear or see very well and cannot drive anymore.I called this neighbor up and asked her want was going on? She said she was helping because I abandoned my mother.My mother has two medicare nurses a week that assist her and I have a licensed/bonded agency that can take her to doctors and shopping.When I called this neighbor she called the local police and said I harassed her.I tried to tell the officer on the phone that I may be the victim of identity theft and she may have copies of personal information but he said his concern was only about a phone call and didn't want to know anything else.Again,I live 450 miles away.She took my mother to the funeral home where my mother has made her arrangements and had my name crossed out and her name put in to receive my mother's ashes.I don't know what she was up to but it is all very suspicous.Is ther anything I can do? The only things missing so far that I can determine from my mother's home are clothing(which is mine)and some small items. I am so upset that this woman has personal and financial on my mother and me. Is ther anything I can do? With Appreciation,Generosa
  • where do i go to find information on parenting classes
  • My husben passed away Aug. 21st. and hade a life insurance policy. It is in his daughters name. He was going to change it did not get a chance to. We have been married for less than a year. Do I have anyrights to this life insurance?
  • My husband has a 8 year old daughter ... and she lives with her mom but she dose not get the care she needs ... we have called cps to investigate the case.. but we have not gotten any more information on the case ... the social worker never picks up our calls or returns our messages.. we dont know what do his daughter wants to come live with us can my husband change her to a school near by with out legal paperwork and not get in trouble with law or where dose he need to go to try and get custody of his daughter we dont have the funds for a lawyer ... will he need a lawyer?
  • My husband and I are separated and I need to know my rights about taking our 5 year old daughter out of state on vacation. He has a past felony and a history of domestic violence. He has been abusive towards me and that is why I left. He's never been abusive to our daughter. He is preventing me from seeing her most of the time and has forbid me from taking her out of state while I'm off work for the summer. I work at a high school and get the summer off. He doesn't work. I am the sole supporter in our family. Do I have the right to take her out of state temporarily?
  • MY BOYFRIEND AND I LEAVE IN ABILENE TX, AND HIS EX LIVES IN MESA AZ, WE HAVE TO DRIVE 13 1/2 HOURS TO PICK UP HIS 4YR OLD SON, IS THERE NOT ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO CHANGE THE ORDER TO HAVE HER MEET US? THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE THE ORDER WAS WRITTEN, HIS JOB HAS CHANGED AS WELL! SHE DOESN'T FOLLOW THE ORDER LIKE SHE IS SUPPOSED TO, WE HAD TO CALL THE POLICE LAST TIME BC SHE WASN'T HOME FOR US TO DROP HIM OFF. ITS GETTING REALLY FRUSTATING
  • Under what legal authority does the father (never married) of my 6 year old, who has been deemed unsuitable for joint custody & has yet been able to abide by basic court appointed supervised visitation guidelines, have to continually bring me to court with neglectful parenting allegations, which are always dropped &, coincidentally, decided that he is the perpetrator in each case? Furthermore, as victim to his court declared domestic abuse (physical/metal), how is it that I am being required to be in contact with the perpetrating father, or at risk of losing my son due to parental alienation?
  • Is there any course of action that can be taken to have parental rights restored threw family court after looseing a CPS case and appeal and having parental rights severed to children. Can any litigation or legal course if action be taken to amend over turn or modify a family court judgement on a cps case that the parent lost at trial & appeal
  • I am recently married and want to legally change my name. What documents do I need to complete?

STORIES

LegalLEARN

FIND LEGAL HELP

• Please select your county of residence below.

County:

OTHER LEGAL RESOURCES

• State Bar of Arizona
    www.azbar.org
  • Maricopa County Bar
    www.maricopabar.org
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    www.pimacountybar.org
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
    800-799-7233