Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc. – Whiteriver Profile

Provides legal aid to Native Americans living on the Fort Apache Indian Reservation which covers portions of Gila, Apache and Navajo Counties; Native Americans living in Gila and Graham counties who are members of the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservations; and, tribal members living off-reservation who have cases which require litigation in tribal court. Interpreters can be provided for Spanish and Apache languages.

New Human Services Building
P.O. Box 1030
Whiteriver, AZ 85941
Phone: 928.338.4845


  • Is it legal for my lender to switch lenders and foreclose my house and sell at auction with out giving me any notification or giving me the option to file bankruptcy
  • can i get me food stamp case number online?
  • Can I break my lease for discovering lots of scorpions in the house I'm renting? I just moved in one week ago.
  • I was cited for driving on a suspended license. I did not know my license had been suspended. I read that this criminal charge can result in jail time and fines. This is my first criminal offense. Should I get legal counsel? What are they typical rulings for first time offenders? I have been laid off and am not working, how to I get a public defender's help? Thank you in advance for your advice.
  • My father has dementia- he is 76 yrs old and his current wife wants to put him in the VA in long term care- we are 100% against this as his Children. She won’t allow us any say with his care. I have medical power of attorney from several years back. Is there anything I can do and does that ever expire? She doesn’t know that I have this.
  • Hi! I am one of the very lucky people to be granted a new trial. There was an error at trial and the judge ordered a new trial. My question is what happens at a retrial? Is it the same testimony from the first trial or can the victims change their story? For example, the victim admitted hitting me first during the first trial. Can he change that or does testimony have to be the same? I need to know this to help make a decision regarding accepting a plea offer. My attorney is unsure.
  • I was on a lease with 4 other people and to move out these other tenants had to release me from the lease. After being released the property manager is saying that I was never released now they are sticking me with an $1100 bill. I only have contact with 1the former roommate but he vouches that he signed me off the lease. What can I do to avoid this bill?
  • 86 y/o widow had a will and trust set up as a single woman 3 years ago. Last year the man she lives with had a will drawn up stating that he is married to the widow. Her will & trust have not been updated and no one in the family has seen any legal document that shows they are married. She has stock, a house & and money...he has very little. She is being treated for dementia but family does not know if she is truly competent to have married this man. If she dies will her will & trust be valid as is or not? Can he contest her will and claim community property?
  • I work for a large company and am going to have a baby October 18. My 1 year mark in the company will be November 17. Is there anyway I can take a "personal leave" or short term disability for a few weeks, and then in November file for FMLA ? Please advise. Thank you. (The personal leave would be for birth, the FMLA would be to bond and take care of a newborn)
  • Hello, my son is 8 months & his father has a drinking problem. I am scared to leave him by himself with his father because he drinks & thinks he is okay...His father believes its okay to drive while drinking some whiskey & driving with beer & We have never lived together & we have no paperwork. Our 8month old lives with me & we visit his father & his fathers family at least 3to 4x a month for weekends. He wants to pick him up sometimes while I'm at work, he lies about drinking & I have seen him drink when we are visiting. What do I do? I am sooooo scared, he has an alcohol issue


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program