Defenders of Children Profile

Defenders of Children provides a wide range of free legal and clinical therapy services to children and their families who are victims of crime, including child abuse and domestic violence.

5320 North 16th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Phone: (602) 710-1903


  • Do I need a sole custody order for my son if he lives with me, I take care of him, his "sperm donor" has never really been there, has verbally acknowledged that he's his but wants a Dna test for peace of mind (I don't want a dna test cuz it's against my religious beliefs), he has no father listed on the birth certificate, do I still need an order? Can he take my son away from me even tho he can't take care of him?
  • do you need to post death of parent for creditors? there is some credit card debt do we need to pay from estate there is no cash available there will be minimal when home sales.
  • The flushing mechanism inside the toilet tank has broken. Flushing the toilet is only possible by reaching into the tank and pulling the chain. Is it the lanlords responsibility to fix it?
  • under a civil judgement, as the appeal process is pending , do you have to pay the fine?
  • I am going to be working out of the country but coming back every 2 months. What can I do to prevent my kids' s father from get sole responsability or custody of the kids and/or making the court believe I am abandoning them?.
  • Can the owner of my mobile home park tow my car without a 30 day written notice and cahrge me a $30 late fee and then $5 every day until the rent is paid and can they come on the lot where i have my mobile home that i own without notice while were still asleep.
  • Have been noticing landlord by verbal and writen notice to why Tennants being over charged more then prevailing provider by 35% at 15 cents per KWH. only reason is given is previous owners had done it and they feel they are entitled by showing EPA federal tax which is charged per sub-meter yet how can this be when it's perproperty approx $7 to master meter yet they charge approximate 40 Tennants $7 each... I gave the city Mesa charge 11.7 cents residential price which they can charge yet they make ample profit from bulk rate 9.7 cents on old 1950 power grid which needs up graded. Need help
  • I am a single mother of an 8 year old. The father of my child left us when my son was only 3 months old. The father recently contacted me and made it clear that he does not want any obligations with our son. He has not paid child support for 8 years. The father of my son is willing to give up his rights completely. We want to get this done as soon as possible. What can I do? I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 4 years ago and would like complete guardianship so that in the event that I was to pass on because of my sickness that my son is taken over by my sister who is a very stable person.
  • My Central AC keeps breaking down. is it my landlords responsibility to fix it? its 90+ degrees in my house due to the heat.
  • My wife is in jail and I was filling for full guardianship of our son and I just found out he is not my son. I sent her a copy of the test and now her mother took our son out of state is there anything I can do I love my son and dont want to lose him?


  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • Age discrimination in the workplace. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program