Child Custody Article



  • My sister has 2kids and 1 on the way, I need help getting custody of them, because she is crazy and she fight with her boyfriend she chooses a guy over her kids and does not take care of them at all, she has recently moved out with her abusive boyfriend and her kids. She has gotten the cops call on her and him a lot, please help me get the information I need to get full custody of them.
  • I am an unwed mother . My daughters fathers name is on the birth certificate. a paternity test was positive but only child support is legal and current. I was told I have sole custody and that he has no rights. Can he take her out of school without my permission just because he is on the birth certificate There have been no legal custody papers filed or requested by him. But the school is telling me that he can take her anytime because he's on the birth certificate. She is thirteen years of age and the court ordered child support was the only legal action taken over 12 years ago
  • I have a 2 yr old baby girl, I went to jail for 28days on a driving on suspended during this time her grandmother went and got a temporary emergency custody order she wouldn't let me have her when I came home but 5 months ago she gave her back to me I have had her home with me since is this temporary order still good?
  • I have 3 children. They live with their mother in Arizona. I live overseas (with military wife). Our next base is in Japan. My childrens mother and I agreed to let the kids come with my wife and I to Japan for 4 years. I have joint custody of my kids. But they live with their mother full time. Do we just need a court order stating they will come with us and their mother agrees? Or do we need to change custody? please help.
  • I am seperated from my wife and I have custody of our children. Do I need her authority to take my kids out of state, to go on my vacations?
  • My child's biological father lives in a different state. She is almost 3 years old now but we haven't seen him or heard from him since she was 4 months old. I did live in the same state as him but moved here for family since we had none after he left. How do I get sole custody of her? How much will it cost? Is there help I can get since we live on a budget?
  • My daughter's father has abandoned her for the last 6 years. Can I file for termination of parental rights and how do I do so.
  • I moved from AZ to Colorado to live with my mom because of abuse. I had a child with the man that I lived with who is 2yrs old. He has filed for paternity tests and sole custody. In the suit he made some serious acqusations against my mother and father. These statements are false and in no way shape or form can be proved. Can he simply make false statements to the court with no supporting proof of these statements?
  • I have sole legal custody of my 3 kids my ex has supervised visits, I am not allowed to move 100 miles from where I did when our divorce finalized without permission. Am I allowed to take my kids on vacation out of town or state, or do I have to get permission from the court?
  • I got divorced last year in NV. I received full physical custody of my children. We have lived in Yuma since May 2019, recently they went to visit her for spring break in NV. I am in the military and with the COVID-19 restrictions its hard for me to get them. who has jurisdiction over y children state wise? if she wanted to file for custody how would she do it?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program