Resources for Seniors Article

National Resources for Seniors

American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) (888) 687-2277

Administration on Aging (202) 619-0724

Alzheimer’s Association (800) 272-3900

American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging (800)285-2221

Center for Disease Control (800) 311-3435
Immunization (800) 232-4636
Traveler's Health (877) 394-8747

The Center for Social Gerontology (734) 665-1126

Center for Medicare Advocacy (860) 456-7790

Consumer Consortium on Assisted Living (703) 533-8121

Consumers Union (202) 462-6262

Credit Bureaus (ordering credit reports):
Equifax (800) 685-1111
Experian (888) 397-3742
Transunion (877) 322-8228

National Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-7233

Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission  (800)669-4000  

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (877) 275-3342

Federal Trade Commission (877) 382-4357
FTC identity theft hotline (877) 438-4338

US Government Seniors Portal (800) 333-4636

Internal Revenue Service (800) 829-1040 

National Mental Health Information (800) 456-2647

Advocates for the Seriously Mentally Ill (800) 421-2124

National Center on Elder Abuse (202) 898-2586

National Citizens’ Coalition for Nursing Home Reform (202) 332-2275

National Elder Care Locator Service (800) 677-1116

National Fraud Information Center (800) 876-7060

National Senior Citizens Law Center (202) 289-6976

Social Security Administration (800) 772-1213

U.S. Administration on Aging

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (800) 569-4287

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (800) 827-1000

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (800) 669-4000

Veterans' Legal Benefits (202) 265-8305



  • What paperwork do I need to file a claim for non-payment of a debt owed for my business services to a client. The amount is $650 and the dates of service are 12/31/06, 1/02/06, and 2/15/07.
  • I want to file visitation rights with the Court to visit my grandchildren. Their mother refuses to let me see them.
  • What is the procedure for revoking a power of attorney? What documentation has to be done to complete such a revocation?
  • Where can I see someones will?
  • I retired in January of last year (2016). My former employer is using my photo in his yellow pages and internet advertising WITHOUT my permission. what type of attorney do I contact? I wish to sue for monetary damages if possible and to stop him from using my photo and name in these ads. I gave him over 20 years of full time service, and the first time I actually took my full vacation time (3 weeks), he called me (during week 2)and told me he only wants to use me part time after my vacation was up.
  • I need a durable power of attorney. Any suggestions where I can find one on line?
  • I live in an HOA that has a file within my account called "owner file". This file contains personal information related to my history in the community such as violation notices, aplications for changes, etc. I would like to know which area, if any, of state law covers the maintenance of this file which seems to be an invasion of privacy.
  • My mother has dementia / Alzheimer's and I am moving my mother from IL to AZ. Do the current power of attorney and medical forms need to be redone in AZ?
  • How can I avoid being solicited by telemarketers and marketing mail?
  • My great grandmother is over 109 years old. She formerly was under the care of my uncle. 2 weeks ago he moved away leaving her unattended. For 2 weeks now My grandfather travels los angeles to tijuana every other day to watch over his mother in law. We have no documents for my great gram.. id like to be able to bring her to los angeles to spare my grandfather the stress and enjoy my great grandmother which im so proud to have the honor to have id like my 4 children to get to spend time with her.





  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program