Landlord and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities

questions & answers

Question: my landlord rented me your house without letting me know it was infested with bed bugs what is my rights??????

Answer: The Arizona Residential Landlord Tenant Act has a specific provision on bedbugs. It is found in A.R.S. 33-1319, which you can read here: It does not apply however to single family residences. In your question you say "house". If it is a single-family residence, the provisions do not apply. If it does apply, then the following is true: 2. The landlord shall not enter into any lease agreement with a tenant for a dwelling unit that the landlord knows to have a current bedbug infestation. If it is a single family residence, then you would turn to A.R.S. 33-1324, regarding the landlord's obligations to maintain fit premises. That section will lead you to A.R.S. 33-1361, which provides for your rights and remedies in the event the landlord does not hold up his or her end of the bargain. Essentially, you may have the right to terminate your lease upon ten days' written notice if the landlord does not cure the problem within that time period. Review A.R.S. 33-1361 for additional details on the timing of the written notice and terminating the lease. The entirety of the Arizona Residential Landlord Tenant Act, including A.R.S. 33-1324 and 33-1361 can be found here: Please note that I am providing general information based on the limited information you have provided me. I do not represent you, and I cannot provide you legal advice. I wish you the best.


  • my landlord rented me your house without letting me know it was infested with bed bugs what is my rights??????


  • Age discrimination in the workplace. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program