Making Ends Meet Article

Tax Relief for Seniors

Is there any special tax relief for seniors?

You may be eligible for property tax postponement for low-income seniors. If so, the property tax payment for your primary residence can be postponed until you sell the property or no longer live in the property. (A.R.S. §§ 42-17301-17313)

As a senior, you may also be eligible to freeze the “primary” property value of your home to help keep certain portions of your property taxes from increasing by filing an application with your local County Assessor’s office.

Finally, “totally and permanently disabled” homeowners of any age whose assessed home value does not exceed a certain level can file an annual application to exempt certain portions of their home value from property taxes.

All of these programs are administered by your local County Assessor’s office. For more information on these programs, you may contact the Arizona Department of Revenue at (602) 716-6843 for general information or your local County Assessor’s office for more detailed information and any necessary applications.

Arizona County Tax Assessors

To find on-line information about a County Tax Assessor’s Office, select your County below:



  • What is the procedure for obtaining a Legal Separation with Spousal Support to pay bills.
  • I have taken early soc sec retirement. When my wife retires in three years, will she receive her own sep soc sec income based on her working years?
  • My wife and I own a park model home and live here year around. We are both over 70. This is a 55+ park which is fenced and security good. We love living here due to secure area. After buying our home about 2years ago we have had the rent on lot raised 3 times . We live on a small fixed income that has been dipped into hard this past year due to me getting cancer in tonsil and tounge. After 7hr surgery and chemo and radiation much cost had to come from budget. Is there anyway we can stay in our retirement home when the lot price is being pushed past our fixed income.. We are both too old or sic
  • Can the City of Phoenix charge me for service I do not receive. The City charges me for garbage and sewer even though the home is vacant six months out of the year.
  • Where to get Ativan without prescription?

    If you are experiencing anxiety or panic attacks, you might want to consider the option to buy Ativan. This medication is highly effective in treating anxiety disorders. It is important to strictly follow your doctor's prescription when you decide to buy Ativan. Purchasing from reliable sources ensures that you receive authentic medication. Always consult with your healthcare provider about the appropriate dosage and potential side effects before you buy Ativan.

    Where to buy Ativan Online at cheap price? OnlinePharmacy24
  • I have received a notice through a realtor that my mortgage co. is offering me a Relocation Assistance Agreement. I am in foreclosure and they are offering me 2,000 if I sign the agreement and move out within a month. They say that all needed repairs to the home will be deducted from the $2,000. This is an old home built in 1954 and is in need of some repairs. They will proceed with eviction if I do not sign the agreement. How long do Eviction Proceedings take? How long before I will be forced out of my home?
  • My phone/internet provideris constantly charging me late fees. Im on a fixed income that I receive the 2nd Wed of every month and that is the day I write them a check. I try to explain this to them but they continue to charge me late fees. What is AZ law regarding these late fees? I'm 83 and a Korean war vet...I can't afford to continue to pay these fees
  • Me and my boyfriend got an apartment together; it was $50 more than he wanted to pay. I said I would pay the $50 extra for every month that the apartment cost up front. I gave him $300 up front and told him if we were still together after 6 months I would give him the next 6 months in advance. He kicked me out but won't give me my money back. He says that I'm extorting him for money that belongs to him. I only lived there for one week, paid 1/2 of everything to move in, $25 app fee, $100 deposit, $240 which was half of the first months rent. I am just asking for the $300 back. He says it his & me asking for it back & making him pay it back is extortion. What are my rights?
  • If I am receiving Social Security income, can my creditors get a hold of it?
  • I currently receive my deceased spouses SS benefits, am I also eligible to receive some of my benefits when I retired?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program