DES Aging and Adult Program Profile

Offers a basic legal service program for those over the age of 60. A paralegal answers basic legal questions or helps client fill out forms for obtaining a lawyer through other services.

1789 W. Jefferson St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: (602) 542-4446


  • The home we are renting is set to go to Trustee Auction at the end of this month. The "Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act" expired 12/31/2014. What are my rights as a tenant now that this has expired. Can I be evicted without I still have to receive ample notice if the new owner wishes to occupy the home?
  • IF a lease has not been signed on a rental property in over ten years is the original lease still in effect or does the agreement default to month to month or week to week?
  • I am on a lease until 9/08. I (88 yrs.) need to move to Florida for health reasons and to be with my sister. My daughter (61) is on the lease but is my caregiver and will take me to Florida. She will ultimately move to Oklahoma to be with her daughter after my demise. Can we legally cancel the lease with a certified letter and 30 day notice based on these elements? Thank you. Pinal County
  • I moved in to a rental in a vacation village in October before the cold weather hit. I signed a year lease with a property manager. The home is so poorly insulated that it cannot maintain heat. The cold air seeps through the floors and walls and I cannot keep warm. The electric is constantly running and it is costing me over 200.00 per month to heat 389 sq. ft. I also have health issues that are exacerbated by the cold. I do not feel this home is meant to be a full time residence. For health reasons, I cannot stay here. Do I have recourse to break my lease?
  • I've had a leak in the wall in my kitchen from the unit above me, I submitted a maintenance request, the maintenance department falsely closed out the request without taking care of the issue and said there was no signs of leakage. I informed property management of the issue, they got a maintenance man to come to my unit and upon first sight he noticed that it was a major problem and stated that he would come back on Monday 01/06/2020 when his supervisor was on duty and has not returned. The leak has been going on for months. I'm sure that there may be mildew by now. What are my rights?
  • Mother has been extradited out of state. She is remarried. Natural father is deceased. Child does not want to stay with stepdad but he says she has to. Can the child go to grandparents while mother is in jail or does she have to stay with stepdad. He has not adopted child
  • A real estate agent in California has purchased a property tax lien on my home of 36 years, I still owe $16,500 on my Wells Fargo mortgage; the agent is planning to file for forclosure on 15/August/2013. How can I avoid lose of my home?, I do not have the $3,200 to pay the Mohave County taxes.
  • How long will a conviction for misdemeanor DUI stay on my record?
  • After foreclosure involving a single family residence the new owner filed an unlawful detainer action against the tenants who had no rental agreement after serving them with a 90 day notice to quit. The tenants refuse to move and have not paid rent.They only had a month to month oral agreement with the former owner. One of the tenants claims that he is on parole and cannot be evicted. Is this a valid defense to the UD action?
  • My ex left to Mexico before our daughter was born. Came back only once to see her and has been MIA for almost 2 years now. He is hiding out in Mexico with his new partner to avoid child support and hasn’t even tried to check in on her in all this time but he pays for his other child and possibly checks in on him as well. so it’s just mine he has cut all ties with. Is this grounds for charges? If so, how would I go about that?





  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program