Family Law

questions & answers

Question: I need help with low income divorce

Answer: There are several options for people with a low income who need help filing for divorce. Arizona has three general services Legal Aid organizations which cover different regions of the state. Community Legal Services (800) 852-9075 covers Maricopa, Mohave, Yavapai, Yuma and La Paz Counties. Southern Arizona Legal Aid (800) 640-9465 covers Southern Arizona. DNA People’s Legal Services (800) 789-7287 covers Northern Arizona.

Veterans who meet the income eligibility requirement can receive a free consultation with an attorney. Please call our Legal Learn line at (866) 637-5341 for more information. The Modest Means Program is for people who are at 250% or below the federal poverty guidelines. People who qualify for Modest Means can receive a one hour consultation for $75. To see if you qualify, call (866) 637- 5341.

If you are going to file for divorce in Maricopa County, the Maricopa County Superior Court has a program called the Family Lawyer Assistance Project (FLAP), which assists people who are representing themselves in court. An appointment is needed, and it is recommended that you review the forms ahead of time and come prepared with any questions you have with how to fill out the forms. For more information about FLAP, please call (602) 506-7948.


  • I need help with low income divorce




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.